10 McDonald's Secrets That Makes Their Apple Pie So Much More Interesting
- Published on Apr 27, 2019
- Here's a list of 10 McDonalds Secrets That Makes Their Apple Pie So Much More Interesting. These are the top 10 untold truths of McDonald's apple pie.
➡️ Subscribe to BabbleTop: bit.ly/2Uu3HPe
We all love our apple pie. The thought of warm apple filling and a crisp tender crust gets the mouth watering. McDonald's sure knows how to tap into that Pavlovian apple pie psyche. “Would you like an apple pie with that” sounds real tempting, but did you know there are secrets behind making this item so pielicious? Sit back and grab a slice while we go through 10 McDonald's secrets that makes their baked apple pie much more interesting than it looks.
If you enjoyed this list of 10 McDonalds secrets that makes their apple pie so much more interesting, then comment: #McDonalds #FastFood #ApplePie
0:33 Variety is the spice of life
1:56 Changes for better, or worse?
3:27 Why does Mickey D’s apple pie taste so good?
4:19 Mom’s original recipe and the rise of the fried apple pie
5:43 Apple pie on the black market
7:11 The apple pie and its siblings
8:47 McDonald’s apple pie - vegan and lovin’ it
9:59 The touch of globalization
11:49 The nightmare of McDonald Land
13:15 McDonald’s so-called “healthy” revamped pie
- McDonald’s apple pie goes back to as early as 1968 and is a menu classic. It is the first ever dessert item to dot the menu of the fast food chain, way before hot fudge sundaes or McFlurrys.
- In order to keep on top of their game, popular chains make changes to keep relevant and stay ahead of the competition. This often involves changing or updating their menu options. So as consumers started to look for healthier options when it came to fast food, restaurants had to adapt.
- We all know that apples are a must when making apple pie. Pretty self-explanatory after all, I mean it is right there in the name. Besides the usual sugar and a touch of cinnamon, what else could be added to make the McD’s version so delicious?
- In the 1960s Ray Kroc, the founder of McDonald’s, was busy scratching his head trying to come up with a dessert idea that would be a guaranteed success story. After all, his cheeseburgers and fries were roping in the customers.
- Who would have thought something as delectable and harmless as an apple pie would become a hot commodity on the black market. It’s common practice for certain items to pop up from behind closed doors once they have been shelved for good or have become extremely valuable in nature.
- The dessert menu is not just limited to a single apple pie at McDonald's. The fast food giant has dabbled with other types of pies as well, experimenting and keeping the menu interesting.
- Vegan friendly is not usually the first thought that comes to mind when thinking about McDonald’s. But recently, the chain has managed to make some changes in that department to attract vegan customers.
- The international market for popular US brands is massive and chains like KFC, Burger King, and so on have established themselves in many different countries, other than the USA. When we look at McDonald's, they have roots in more than 100 countries.
- Back in the 1970s, there was McDonald Land. A fictional place where Ronald McDonald and his cast of mascot friends could eat hamburgers and fries. Today the restaurant has the happy meal to attract kids, but back then, McDonald’s marketing campaigns centred around the fictional setting of McDonald Land.
- In a move to market itself as a brand shifting towards healthier items, McDonald's has made many attempts to redeem itself when it comes to revamping everyone’s favorite pie. The company has come under fire by those who grew up with the original fried incarnation and dislike the changes made to the pie over the years.
➡️ SUBSCRIBE to BabbleTop! bit.ly/2Uu3HPe
🥳 JOIN and become a BabbleTop member! bit.ly/2DCl21k
👕 Check out our MERCH! bit.ly/2SWDkQM
🔥 Our Most Popular VIDEOS! bit.ly/2T02a24
Top 10 Saddest McDonald's Happy Meal Toys Ever (Part 1)
Top 10 Saddest McDonald's Happy Meal Toys Ever (Part 2)
15 McDonald's Items You CAN'T Buy In America
Top 10 McDonald's Foods When You're Under The Influence
10 Untold Truths About McDonald's Monopoly
10 McDonald’s Items That Would Make America Great Again
10 McDonald's Menu Items That Even The Staff Won't Eat
10 McDonald's Breakfasts That America Wish They Had
10 Cancelled McDonald's Items That People Still Talk About
All clips used for fair use commentary, criticism, and educational purposes. See Hosseinzadeh v. Klein, 276 F.Supp.3d 34 (S.D.N.Y. 2017); Equals Three, LLC v. Jukin Media, Inc., 139 F. Supp. 3d 1094 (C.D. Cal. 2015).