Top 10 Untold Truths of Big Boy
- Published on Apr 29, 2019
- Here's a list of the Top 10 Untold Truths of Big Boy. Big Boy burgers have been around for a long time and these are the top 10 things you didn't know about Big Boy.
➡️ Subscribe to BabbleTop: bit.ly/2Uu3HPe
Big Boy fans will love this list. We're here to share so many fascinating untold truths about this USA restaurant chain, which has been around since the 1930s. If you think the Big Boy mascot is cute, enjoy the wonderful signage from Big Boy and are curious about this eatery's menu items, then let’s get the inside scoop on the top 10 untold truths of Big Boy.
If you enjoyed this Americana food review list of top 10 untold truths of Big Boy diners, then comment: #BigBoy #Burgers #FastFood
0:24 Big Boy Used To Have A Different Name
1:44 Japanese Franchises Don't Offer Big Boy Burgers
3:13 The Founder Sold His Vehicle To Fund The First Big Boy
4:50 The Owner Invented The Double Deck Cheeseburger
6:18 The Mascot Was Based On A Real Child
7:36 The Big Boy Founder Went Into Politics
8:42 There Was A Grisly Crime At A Big Boy Restaurant
10:11 A Big Boy Eatery Was A Robert De Niro Movie Location
11:21 Vintage Big Boy Memorabilia Is Valuable
12:44 The Beatles Loved Noshing At Big Boy
- Big Boy used to be called, "The Pantry". The Pantry was a single restaurant. It had ten stools and sold lunches to customers. Later on, the founder of The Pantry decided to change its name to "Bob's Pantry".
- It's always interesting to see what restaurant chains offer in other countries. When it comes to Big Boy Japan locations, Big Boy burgers are not on the menu. That's almost hard to believe, isn't it?
- It's always fascinating to learn about the lengths that entrepreneurs will go to to make their business dreams come true. When their sacrifices do pay off, it's inspiring. Bob Wian, the founder of Big Boy restaurants, sold his own vehicle to get the money that he needed for his very first restaurant.
- Ever tried a Double Deck Cheeseburger? Big Boy is renowned for these burgers, as well as their french fries. Founder Bob Wian created the hearty Double Deck Cheeseburger. Today, there are two Double Decks to choose from.
- The Big Boy mascot is cute, isn't he? You may not know that he was based on a real boy. He was just six years of age and his name was Richard Woodruff. Bob Wian was fond of the boy because Rick was really into burgers.
- Bob Wian was the founder of Big Boy and he passed away at the age of 77. This sad event took place in 1992. Before his passing, he pushed the envelope in business through his successful restaurant chain, and also got into politics.
- In 1995, in Ohio, there was a grisly occurrence at a Big Boy restaurant in Toledo. The police were alarmed to discover that an adorable statue of Big Boy had been cruelly vandalized.
- De Niro fans who also love Big Boy burgers will be pleased to learn that a Big Boy restaurant was a movie location for Robert De Niro's film, HEAT. This movie also featured actors Val Kilmer and Al Pacino.
- If you've got some authentic Big Boy merchandise at home, and you're willing to part with it, you should know that your memorabilia may be worth some real money. People adore classic Big Boy merchandise and they are willing to pay a pretty penny for it at auctions.
- Even musical legends crave fast food. The Beatles were Big Boy fans. There’s a Beatles booth in a Big Boy restaurant in Burbank, California. In the sixties when The Beatles were in the States, they used to drop by the restaurant. This was a pivotal time for the Fab Four.
➡️ SUBSCRIBE to BabbleTop! bit.ly/2Uu3HPe
🥳 JOIN and become a BabbleTop member! bit.ly/2DCl21k
👕 Check out our MERCH! bit.ly/2SWDkQM
🔥 Our Most Popular VIDEOS! bit.ly/2T02a24
10 Costco Cult Favorite Food Items
10 American Foods That Should Be Banned
10 Secrets You Didn't Know About IKEA Food Court
Top 10 Untold Truths of the Heart Attack Grill
10 Coca-Cola Drinks That Embarrassed The Company
10 Secrets You Didn't Know About Costco Food Court (Part 1)
10 Secrets You Didn't Know About Costco Food Court (Part 2)
10 Foods That Will Never Expire (Part 1)
10 Foods That Will Never Expire (Part 2)
Top 10 Discontinued Food Items We Miss (Part 1)
Top 10 Discontinued Food Items We Miss (Part 2)
Top 10 Discontinued Food Items We Miss (Part 3)
All clips used for fair use commentary, criticism, and educational purposes. See Hosseinzadeh v. Klein, 276 F.Supp.3d 34 (S.D.N.Y. 2017); Equals Three, LLC v. Jukin Media, Inc., 139 F. Supp. 3d 1094 (C.D. Cal. 2015).