10 Cancelled McDonald's Items That People Still Talk About (Part 3)
- Published on Mar 30, 2019
- Here's a list of 10 Cancelled McDonald's Items That People Still Talk About (Part 3), Today we count down the top 10 discontinued McDonald's menu items people want to be brought back!
➡️ Subscribe to BabbleTop: bit.ly/2Uu3HPe
Over the years McDonald’s did some tinkering with their menu as one would do if one was a giant fast-food chain. Some of the tinkering was met with approval and that meant that the menu item was here to stay. Others, however, didn’t make it and soon disappeared from the public menu if not from the public memory. Fondly remembered or not, here are 10 canceled McDonald's items that people still talk about part 3.
If you enjoyed this list of 10 canceled McDonald's items that people still talk about, then comment: #McDonalds #FastFood #Food
0:31 McDonald’s Jalapeño Double
1:47 McDonald’s McHotDog
3:10 McDonald’s Fish McBites
4:35 McDonald’s McRib
6:09 McDonald’s Chicken Fajitas
7:30 McDonald’s McLean Deluxe
8:52 McDonald’s Hot & Spicy McChicken
9:58 McDonald’s Brownie Melts
10:48 McDonald’s McPhilly Cheesesteak
11:54 McDonald’s Cheesy Bacon Fries
- The Jalapeño Double was test marketed, found to be lacking, and quickly removed from the public menu just as fast as it had appeared. And while the US website still has a page for the now-defunct item, there’s no image there.
- McDonald’s has a long history with hot dogs. In fact, hot dogs were the backbone of the McDonald’s menu long before burgers became the staple of the franchise. So it’s only natural to dig out a few hot dog skeletons buried deep in the McDonald’s closet.
- Well, it turns out that the secret weapon was the humble Fish McBites. It coincided with Lent and cautiously McDonald’s added the new item as a seasonal side dish. Now you might be wondering how a seasonal item would revitalize sales and ignite the appetites of the weary customers.
- The McRib had two appearances on the public menu and both of them were brief. In 1980 the pork sandwich was test-marketed. The results were encouraging enough to make it to the official menu in 1981. But right from the start, there was something off about it.
- The McDonald’s Chicken Fajita has loyal customers in the American market who still carry fond memories about it. Some went even so far as to start campaigns on social media to bring it back. One such campaign, after pointing out that the item is still available in some locations in Canada but nowhere in the US.
- So McDonald’s came up with their own version of healthy sandwiches. The McLean. Touted as having 91% less fat than a normal sandwich. And that doesn’t sound bad at all. For years, having a burger with so little fat was something foodies only had in their dreams. But now it was a reality at long last. And the secret?
- The idea behind the Hot & Spicy McChicken was simple. Get a toasted wheat bun, slice it open and stuff it with a breaded chicken patty, some lettuce, and mayonnaise. Voila. Simple and tasty with a dash of fresh veggies to satisfy those people worried about eating fried chicken every day.
- A blast from the not-so-distant past. Brownie Melts were a delicious treat that both children and adults adored. Now to be fair we need to add hastily that they were a bit of an acquired taste.
- The Philly Cheesesteak is a popular sandwich, so when McDonald’s decided to “borrow” the concept and create its own fast food version, fans of the restaurant were quite excited.
- Up until recently, if you landed on the McDonald’s US website that used to rave about cheesy bacon fries, you would have seen a surprising message asking, “How did you get here?” While the McDonald’s Chessy Bacon Fries had vanished from the menu, it seems this disappearing act is back for at least one last curtain call.
➡️ SUBSCRIBE to BabbleTop! bit.ly/2Uu3HPe
🥳 JOIN and become a BabbleTop member! bit.ly/2DCl21k
👕 Check out our MERCH! bit.ly/2SWDkQM
🔥 Our Most Popular VIDEOS! bit.ly/2T02a24
10 Cancelled McDonald's Items That People Still Talk About (Part 1)
10 Cancelled McDonald's Items That People Still Talk About (Part 2)
15 McDonald's Items You Can't Buy In America
Top 10 McDonald's Foods When You're Under The Influence
10 Untold Truths About McDonald's Monopoly
10 McDonald’s Items That Would Make America Great Again
10 McDonald's Menu Items That Even The Staff Won't Eat
10 McDonald's Breakfasts That America Wish They Had
Top 10 Saddest McDonald's Happy Meal Toys Ever (Part 1)
Top 10 Saddest McDonald's Happy Meal Toys Ever (Part 2)
All clips used for fair use commentary, criticism, and educational purposes. See Hosseinzadeh v. Klein, 276 F.Supp.3d 34 (S.D.N.Y. 2017); Equals Three, LLC v. Jukin Media, Inc., 139 F. Supp. 3d 1094 (C.D. Cal. 2015).