Crème Brûlée Recipe | How to Make Creme Brulee
- Published on Nov 24, 2018
- Learn how to make homemade creme brulee from scratch. easy recipe with only 4 ingredients. Classic french rich and delicious dessert.
Printable Version: www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Classic-Vanilla-Cr%C3%A8me-Br%C3%BBl%C3%A9e-Recipe
More Dessert Recipes:
Tiramisu Truffles: bit.ly/TiramisuTruffles
Cinnamon Rolls: bit.ly/CinnamonRollsTCF
Peanut Butter Cheesecake: bit.ly/PeanutCheesecake
Salted Caramel Chocolate Cups: bit.ly/CaramelCups
My favorite kitchen equipment:
2 cups (500ml) heavy cream
6 egg yolks
1/2 cup (100g) sugar + more for caramelizing the top
1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla paste
1. Preheat oven to 300F (150C).
2. Scrape the vanilla bean. In a saucepan whisk heavy cream, vanilla seeds and empty vanilla bean. Place the saucepan over low heat and bring to a simmer. Do not boil!
3. Whisk together sugar and egg yolks, add 1/3 cup of the warm cream mixture to the yolks and whisk quickly to temper the egg mixture. Add in the remaining cream, whisking constantly.
4. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a large bowl.
5. Pour the crème brulee mixture into 4 individual ramekins. Place the ramekins in a large roasting tray. Carefully add the boiling water into the tray until it is halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set, but still a little jiggly in the middle.
7. Remove the ramekins from the hot water and let cool at room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours or overnight.
8. Before serving spread 1 tablespoon of sugar on top of each dish and brulee with a torch until the sugar caramelizes. Let it set for about 5 minutes before serving.
Taking the Leap by Josh Leake (Ascent) Artlist
- Howto & Style