Pavlova Recipe | How to Make Pavlova
- Published on Apr 15, 2019
- Learn how to make the perfect pavlova cake. If you’re not familiar with pavlova, Pavlova is a meringue-based cake. It has crisp crust and soft marshmallow texture on the inside and topped with whipped cream and fresh fruits. Beautiful and delicious dessert.
Full printable version: www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Pavlova-Recipe
More Dessert Recipes:
Red Velvet Cake: bit.ly/RedVelvetCakeTCF
Carrot Cake: bit.ly/CarrotCakeRecipe1
Strawberry Mousse Mirror Glaze Cake: bit.ly/StrawberryMirrorGlaze
No-bake Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake: bit.ly/ChocoBerryCheesecake
No Bake Mango Cheesecake: bit.ly/NBMangoCheesecake
My favorite kitchen equipment:
For the meringue:
4 Egg whites (~140g), room temperature
1 cup (200g) caster Sugar
2 teaspoon Cornstarch
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
For the cream:
1½ cups (360ml) Heavy cream, cold
3 tablespoons (23g) Powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 160C (320F).
2. Lay a sheet of parchment paper on a baking tray and mark, a 20cm (8-inch) circle. Turn it upside down. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl whisk egg whites until soft peaks form, gradually add sugar, until stiff peaks form and the meringue looks glossy. Add white wine vinegar, cornstarch, vanilla extract and beat on low speed until incorporated.
4. Spread the meringue inside the circle, creating a crater by making the sides a little higher than the middle.
5. Place the pavlova in the oven, reduce the heat to 120C (250F). Bake for 75 minutes, then turn off the heat and let the Pavlova cool completely (at least 4 hours) inside the oven.
6. Make the cream: place heavy cream, sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Beat to stiff peaks.
7. Spread whipped cream on top of the pavlova and decorate with fresh strawberries.
• Separate the egg whites when they’re cold, it’s much easier.
• To make stable meringue: after you separated the egg whites, bring them to room temperature.
• Make sure your bowl is very clean and there is no any water or grease, otherwise you’ll not be able to rich stiff peaks.
• The meringue without the cream can be stored up to 3 days in room temperature.
- Howto & Style