CAREERS IN SOCIOLOGY - BA,B.Sc,M.Sc,P.hD,Teacher,Job Opportunities,Salary Package
- Published on Jul 8, 2015
- CAREERS IN SOCIOLOGY.Go through the career opportunities of SOCIOLOGY, Govt jobs and Employment News channel from Freshersworld.com - The No.1 job portal for freshers in India. Visit www.freshersworld.com?src=TVclip for detailed Career information,Job Opportunities,Education details of SOCIOLOGY.
Are men and women different? What are the causes to the roots of social evils? Why is a solution to racism the need of the hour? Why dominates social values a respect and status in the society? All these situations count under sociology. However, on a broader stage, sociology deals with the study of human society, their culture, norms, relationships and values on a group level.
Sociology is a field of study that aims at providing knowledge about the social order, social disorder and the social changes existing in the society. It is an illuminating field that provides insight to people's lives and the matters on an intrapersonal level.
The knowledge that a sociology student develops through his/ her degree could be used in various fields of interests. Following are a few to name:
• International aid/development worker
• Youth worker
• Social researcher
• Social worker
• Advice worker
• Community development worker
• Further education lecturer
A list of places where a brilliant sociology student can use his/ her degrees to the most are:
• Human resources officer
• Probation officer
• Public relations officer
• Charity fundraiser
• Housing manager/officer
Employers in the sociology department get themselves employed in the following areas of interests:
• education authorities
• further and higher education
• Charitable, counseling and voluntary organizations
• local and central government
• the NHS
• civil service
Following is how a CV of a sociology student should look like and must cover all the areas mentioned below:
• knowledge and understanding of research methods, analysis and statistical techniques
• developing opinions and new ideas on societal issues
• relating sociological knowledge to social, public and civic policy
• the ability to understand, scrutinize and re-assess common perceptions of the social world
• making reasoned arguments
• appreciating the complexity and diversity of social situations
• Organizing work and meeting deadlines
• working collaboratively
• researching, judging and evaluating complex information
• applying sociological theory to society's organizations, including schools, hospitals and offices
A post grad degree in the mentioned subject allows the students to provide an insight to the career mentioned at a broader level. Following are the areas in which a sociology student can attain his/ her master's degree:
• social work
• community education
• information management
A list of universities that provide sociology as a subject to master in:
St. Francis De Sales College (SFSC), Along(Arunachal Pradesh)
City - Aalo , Along (West Siang Dist.) - 791001
Don Bosco College, Itanagar (Arunachal Pradesh)
P. B. 191,Jollang village , Itanagar (Papum Pare Dist.) - 791111
North East Frontier Technical University : Faculty of Arts, Along (Arunachal Pradesh)
Sibu-Poyi , Along (West Siang Dist.) - 791001
Himalayan University : Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Itanagar (Arunachal Pradesh)
Chimpu, Near Arunachal Pradesh Forest Corporation, Guest House, Gohpur Tinali , Itanagar (Papum Pare Dist.) - 791111
For more jobs & career information and daily job alerts, subscribe to our channel and support us. You can also install our Mobile app for govt jobs for getting regular notifications on your mobile.
Freshersworld.com is the No.1 job portal for freshers jobs in India.
Check Out website for more Jobs & Careers.
***Disclaimer: This is just a career guidance video for fresher candidates. The name, logo and properties mentioned in the video are proprietary property of the respective companies. The career and job information mentioned are an indicative generalised information. In no way Freshersworld.com, indulges into direct or indirect recruitment process of the respective companies.