Easy Oatmeal Bread Recipe | How to Make Oatmeal Bread
- Published on May 16, 2019
- Quick and easy maple oatmeal bread recipe. Follow this recipe to learn how to make soft homemade oatmeal bread from scratch.
Printable version: www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Easy-Oatmeal-Bread-Recipe
More Bread Recipes:
Caramelized Onion Bread: bit.ly/CaramelizedOnionBread
Garlic Parmesan Herb Challah Bread: bit.ly/GarlicChallahBread
Flat Bread filled with green onion and cheese: bit.ly/FilledFlatBread
Beetroot Challah Bread: bit.ly/BeetrootChallah
My favorite kitchen equipment:
1 cup (90g) Rolled oats
3 cups (375g) All-purpose/Bread flour
1/4 cup (80g) Maple syrup
1 1/3 cups (320ml) Boiling water
1¼ teaspoons Instant dry yeast
1½ teaspoons Salt
2 tablespoons (30g) Melted butter
1. In a large mixing bowl, or in the bowl of an electric mixer combine boiling water, oats, maple syrup, butter and salt. Mix and let cool slightly.
2. Add flour, yeast and stir until dough forms. Knead the dough for 7-8 minutes.
3. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover and let rise 1 hour, until doubled.
4. Gently deflate the dough, shape it into a log. Place the log in a lightly greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Cover the pan, let rise for about 1 hour or it's crowned about 1-inch over the rim of the pan.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
6. Brush with water and sprinkle some rolled oats on top of the loaf. Bake for 40-45 minutes. If the bread appears to be browning too quickly, cover with aluminum foil for the rest of baking.
7. Let cool completely before cutting.
- Howto & Style